BRATS Support Network & Discussion Forum  

Go Back   BRATS Support Network & Discussion Forum > Celebrate Your BRAT Culture! > What Does Being a BRAT Mean to You?

Old 03-22-2009, 05:05 AM

Default pictures

Life was one big adventure after another in post war Philippines. While I got into a lot of trouble and probably had some negative stuff put into my fathers service jacket, he never held me back from exploring or using my imagination. We were lucky that my father was usually placed in charge of the photo lab on station, so we have a tremendous archive of great pictures and movie film of our 14 years overseas.
This pic is from the flight line at NAS Sangley Point, P.I. during the Korean war. Sangley was a Seaplane and recon aircraft base on the southern most point of Manila Bay. The second pic is me inside our Quonset hut on station.
The first pic is in the Brat's movie. Thanks Donna !!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img070-400.jpg (19.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg img005-400.jpg (14.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg img019-400.jpg (13.5 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by fatwilly; 03-22-2009 at 05:13 AM.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:34 AM

Default Can I trust my life as it is?

Being a BRAT spending most of my childhood in countries that weren't my own, living in houses that weren't my own, being around people who didn't eat what I ate, didn't speak the language I spoke, didn't like me because I was an Amrikyee Yankee Dog, running from groups of kids who were hell bent on making my life miserable, and then not knowing when I would have to do it all over again in another country...let's not forget losing one's friends every few years. I've lived in the Seattle area since '82 and I've moved in the area 5 times. I often get a sense that it's time to do another 'do over'.